SRR & CVR Govt. Degree College is a premier Institute of Vijayawada and Amravati. SRR & CVR was established in the year 1937 by Sri Raja Rangayya Apparao. SRR & CVR is functioning under the aegis by the Commissionerate of collegiate Education, Govt of Andhra Pradesh. The college has been accredited B+ by NAAC.
SRR & CVR College offers Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate courses, in both English and Telugu medium. History, Economics, Telugu, Political Science, Public Administration, Philosophy, Sociology are some of the subjects that offered in the B.A. stream. Keeping in mind the market and the demand for more job oriented courses, vocational subjects such as Tourism & Travel Management, Special English, Psychology, Journalism, Geography and Urban Development have been introduced. Students interested in further studies can pursue post graduation in Economics, psychology, social work and English. With a view to enhance the skills of the students and make them more ready for the highly competitive world, the college has tied up with Dr. Lakshmaiah IAS Study Circle to provide Integrated coaching for civil services exam along with the regular BA/MA program. Under this program, the students are prepared to appear for the civil services exam and other state civil services exams. This ensures that the students get into various government jobs at a young age and save their precious time.
It is a co-educational institution with more than 25 undergraduate and 9 postgraduate academic programmers and with highly experienced faculty members. The college seeks to create a holistic environment for the all-round development of the students, for this purpose they have an active NCC & NSS cells, DRC also conducts regular development programs for the benefit of the students, various interactive clubs have also been set up.
– To strive to provide equitable and quality education to the students in general and specially to those from the underprivileged sections of the society and to produce intellectually competent, morally upright and socially committed citizens for the nation.
– To develop the college into a hub of educational activities by offering a range of courses in the emerging branches of knowledge which can fulfill the needs of the new generation to take up their position in the society.
– To nurture the students for overall development by inculcating values, spirit of service and social responsibilities through curricular & extracurricular activities.
– To enhance quality of education by adopting advanced methods of teaching and learning.
– To improve infrastructural facilities to support the curricular and extracurricular activities in the college.
– To organize programmes and activities to equip the students with employable skills.
Under the BA with civil services program, we provide history, economics and political science as the core BA subjects, with Osmania University affiliation. Coaching for civils services has been seamlessly blended into the program. Regular seminar, daily newspaper reading, News analysis, debates, and discussions are an integral part of the course
|SEMESTER||NAME OF THE SUBJECT||HISTORY||ECONOMICS||POLITICAL SCIENCE|
|Semester I||General English And Language||Paper – I History of India (From Earliest Times to c.700 CE)||Paper – I Micro Economics 1||Paper-I Concepts, Theories and Institutions–Political Theory|
|Semester II||General English And Language||Paper – II History of India (c.700 -1526 CE)||Paper – II Macro Economics||Paper-II Concepts, Theories and Institutions–State Apparatus|
|Semester III||General English And Language||Paper – III History of India (1526-1857 CE)||Paper – III Micro Economics 2||Paper-III Indian Government and Politics–Basic of Indian Constitution &Citizenship|
|Semester IV||General English And Language||Paper – IV History of India (1858-1964 CE)||Paper – IV Public Economics||Paper-IV Indian Government and Politics–Government& Politics|
|Semester V||Paper – V World History (1453-1815 CE)||Paper – V Development Economics||Paper-V (Compulsory)Political Thought-Ancient & Medieval Political Thought|
|Semester VI||Paper – VI World History (1815-1950 CE)||Paper – VI International Economics||Paper-VI (Compulsory)Political Thought–Western & Indian Political Thought|
The admission to degree with civils is through an entrance exam and Personal interview. The date of the entrance exam will be notified in the leading national and regional dailies as per schedule. The examination centres are generally all over AP and Telangana.
Address: Machavaram, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520004
Email : email@example.com