The objective of the Scheme is to provide quality coaching for economically disadvantaged SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates to enable them to compete in Competitive examination and succeed in obtaining an appropriate job in the Public/ Private sector.
The ratio of students who have completed their studies from Govt. and Private Schools to be coached under the Scheme will be 75:25.
Courses for which the coaching will be imparted shall be as follows:
- Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC and State Public Services Commissions for both Preliminary and main exam.
- Judicial Services Examination.
- Entrance examination for other professional courses s i.e. MBA, CLAT etc. and such other disciplines, the Government may decide from time to time.
- Group-A & B Exams other than Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.
- Other Group A&B examinations conducted by State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs), SSC, Officers Grade examinations for recruitment in the Banks, L1C, GICs, PSUs where minimum prescribed qualification for appearing in the exam is graduation.
- Exams for Group-C posts where minimum prescribed qualification for appearing in exam is 10th / 12th.
Eligibility criteria and selection of beneficiary students.
- The students must have secured prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations for which free coaching is proposed to be imparted under the scheme;
- The students should be selected by the coaching institution based on academic criteria/ eligibility test prescribed by the institution itself.
- Students should be selected based on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them in the qualifying examinations.
- Institution may relax these criteria for SC candidates suitably.
Who else can nominate students for coaching?
- Sponsoring Department may also nominate some needy students for coaching under the selected institutions.
Who are eligible for the coaching?
- Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS residing in Delhi and pass out 10th and 12th class from the schools in Delhi only.
- For the students having family income of up to Rs. 8 lacs per annum, full admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Government.
Limitations of the scheme:
- Only 50 % of admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the Govt. for students who avail 2nd time coaching facility under the scheme.
Essential documents for submission :
- Students should fulfil the letter of undertaking and submit it. It states that they have not taken benefit more than twice under the scheme .
- Income, Caste and EWS certificate duly issued by the office of the concerned District Magistrate should be submitted by the student.
Entitlement of free coaching :
- Free coaching shall be extended for students who need to take preliminary and main as per their convenience.
- Each time a candidate is selected for an interview free coaching is extended.
How important is attendance for the students?
- Any student remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching shall be transferred to another in his/her place.